What is Dns_probe_finished_nxdomain?
“Dns_probe_finished_nxdomain” is an error that usually prevents users from accessing a website due to network configuration.
How can you fix Dns_probe_finished_nxdomain?
Some of the solutions to this error include resetting experimental features to default, resetting the domain name system (DNS), configuring the DNS address, and running Windows in a clean boot.
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
Solution 1. Reset experimental features to default
“Dns_probe_finished_nxdomain” may be caused by the Google Chrome experimental features, which are accessible by entering “chrome://flags/” in the browser web address. If some of these are enabled, they may be causing the error. Resetting all settings to default may fix the error.
Solution 2. Reset Domain Name System (DNS)
“Dns_probe_finished_nxdomain” may be caused by the DNS setting. Resetting it may fix the error.
- Right-click Windows Start and select Command Prompt (admin).
- Type in ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
- Type in ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
- Type in ipconfig /registerdns and press Enter.
- Then, turn off your computer and modem router for at least three minutes.
- Then, try again.
If you want to manually edit your DNS, please see Solution 3.
Solution 3. Configure your DNS Address
“Dns_probe_finished_nxdomain” may also be caused by a misconfigured DNS address. Configuring your DNS address might resolve the problem. You may want to use Google public DNS which is 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206.
- Right-click the network icon from the taskbar and select Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Change adapter settings.
- Select the network icon you are using, then right-click and select Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and click Properties.
- Enable Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Input 220.127.116.11 for the Preferred DNS server.
- Input 18.104.22.168 for the Preferred DNS server.
- Enable Validate settings upon exit.
- Then, press OK and restart your computer.
- Try using Chrome again.
Solution 4. Run Windows in a Clean boot
“Dns_probe_finished_nxdomain” may be caused by a third-party software. Your computer may be running a software, which configures your DNS or any network configuration. Running Windows in a Clean boot will disable all third-party software and may fix the error. Please follow the instructions below.