Error code 0x10331101 generally occurs when there is an issue with the Windows Installer Service. This service is responsible for installing, uninstalling, and updating programs on your computer. If this service is not running, you may see this error code. Additionally, this error code can also occur if the Windows Installer Service is not able to access the installation files. This can happen if the files are corrupt or if there are permissions issues.
1. Restart your computer and try again
- Locate and click on the “Start” button on your computer.
- Enter “cmd” into the “Start” search field and press “Enter.”
- Type “restart” and press “Enter.”
- On the “Restart” screen, select “Yes” to restart your computer.
- After your computer restarts, re-enter the error code 0x10331101 into the “Start” search field and press “Enter.” If the error persists, please contact customer service for further assistance.
2. Uninstall and reinstall the program
- On the computer where the program is installed, click Start, type "msconfig" in the Start Search box, and then click msconfig.
- In the System Configuration window, click the General tab.
- On the General tab, click the Uninstall a Program button.
- In the Uninstall a Program window, click the list of the program that you want to uninstall, and then click the Uninstall button.
- Click the Restart button to restart your computer.
- After your computer has restarted, reinstall the program.
- If the problem still persists, contact the software vendor.
3. Try running the program in compatibility mode
To run the program in compatibility mode, first open the program's properties. In Windows Vista and Windows 7, open the program's Properties window by right-clicking it and selecting Properties. In Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, open the program's charms bar and click or tap the Properties button. In the Properties window, select the Compatibility tab and check the Run in compatibility mode box. Click or tap the Apply button. If the program still fails to run, try running the program in low resolution mode. To do this, open the program's properties and select the Display tab. Check the Low Resolution box and click or tap the Apply button.
4. Update your drivers
- Go to Device Manager by clicking Start, type "devmgmt.msc" into the search bar, and press Enter.
- Right-click on the device that is experiencing the error code, and select Update Driver.
- In the Update Driver dialog box, click on the Browse my computer for driver software button.
- On the next screen, click on the Let me select the driver software from a list of drivers on my computer button.
- In the Let me select the driver software from a list of drivers on my computer dialog box, click on the Browse button.
- In the Browse for driver software dialog box, locate the drivers that need to be updated, and click on the OK button.
- In the Update Driver dialog box, click on the Update button.
- The drivers will be updated, and the error code 0x10331101 will be resolved.
Still not working? maybe try one of these options:
- Contact the program's support team.