There are a few reasons that might cause the Nintendo eShop error code 005. The most common reason is that the Nintendo eShop is down for maintenance. This is usually announced in advance on the Nintendo website, so you can check there to see if that's the case.
Another possibility is that there's an issue with your internet connection. This can be caused by a number of things, from a weak Wi-Fi signal to a problem with your router or modem. If you suspect this is the case, try restarting your router or modem, or connecting to a different Wi-Fi network.
If you're still seeing the error code 005 after trying these things, it's possible that there's a problem with your Nintendo account. For example, if you've recently changed your password, you'll need to update it in the Nintendo eShop settings. To do this, select "Settings/Other," then "Account Information," and enter your new password.
If you continue to have trouble with the error code 005, you can contact Nintendo customer support for further assistance.
People like you are also looking for:
- error code 005 4305
- error code 005-4273
- nintendo eshop error code 005
1. Check your internet connection and make sure it is stable
- Open your internet browser and type in "speedtest.net"
- Once the page has loaded, click on the "Download" button and save the file to your computer.
- Open the Speedtest.net file that you saved and click on the "Start" button.
- Once the test has started, wait for it to finish and then click on the "Results" button.
- On the "Speedtest Results" page, scroll down until you see the "IP Address" column and click on the "Copy IP Address" button.
- Open a new tab or window in your internet browser and type in "www.google.com"
- Once the page has loaded, click on the "Search" button and type in "Nintendo eshop error code 005."
- Once the results have loaded, scroll down until you see the "Website" column and click on the "Copy URL" button.
- Open a new tab or window in your internet browser and type in "https://support.nintendo.com/"
- Once the page has loaded, click on the "Login" button and enter your user name and password.
- On the "Support Home Page" page, click on the "Help" button and then on the "Nintendo eshop error code 005" page.
- On the "Nintendo eshop error code 005" page, you will be able to find the following information:
- A list of possible causes for the error code
- How to fix the error
- How to troubleshoot the error if it persists
- How to reset the Nintendo eshop account
- If you need further assistance, you can contact Nintendo customer support by clicking on the "Contact Us" link on the "Nintendo eshop error code 005" page.
2. Try restarting your Nintendo Switch
- Turn your Nintendo Switch off.
- Hold down the power button until the console powers off.
- Hold down the reset button until the console resets.
- Hold down the power button and the reset button at the same time until the console turns on.
- When the console turns on, release the power button and the reset button.
- Select "System Settings" from the home screen.
- Select "System Update."
- Select "Yes, update my system."
- Select "Install System Update."
- Select "Install from a USB drive."
- Select "Nintendo Switch System Software."
- Select "Install."
- Select "Yes, install the system update."
- The system will restart.
3. Update your software to the latest version
- Launch the Nintendo eShop on your Wii U console.
- If prompted, sign in or create an account.
- Select the game or applications you want to update.
- If the update is available, the software will indicate that it is updating and will begin to download the update.
- Once the update is complete, the software will indicate that it is updated and will offer you the option to launch the game or applications.
Still not working? maybe try one of these options:
- Check for any system updates that may be available
- Try using a different payment method
- If you are using a credit card, check to see if your card is expired or if it has been cancelled
- Try using a different credit card
- Check the status of the Nintendo eShop and make sure it is online
- Contact Nintendo Support for further assistance