Pitney Bowes error code is a general error code that can be caused by a variety of factors. Typically, this error code is caused by an issue with the postage meter or the account associated with the meter. This error code can also be caused by a problem with the Pitney Bowes servers.
- Remove any obstructions that may be causing the error. This could include cables, cords, and other objects.
- Check the power supply to the device. If it is working, check the cord and any connectors.
- If the power supply is working, check the cable connection at the device.
- If the cable is working, check the connection at the device.
- If the connection at the device is working, check the power supply to the device.
- If the power supply is working, check the device.
2. Verify that the power supply is properly connected and that the machine is turned on
To verify that the power supply is properly connected, you can try to turn on the machine by pressing and holding the power button for more than 10 seconds. If the machine turns on, then the power supply is properly connected. If the machine does not turn on, then the power supply may be defective and you will need to replace it. To verify that the machine is turned on, you can try to press the reset button. If the machine responds by displaying the pitney bowes error code, then the machine is turned on and the reset button may not work.
3. Clear any paper jams
- Unplug the Pitney Bowes appliance.
- Open the front cover by pressing the release button and lifting up.
- Clear any paper jams.
- Close the front cover and plug in the appliance.
- Check the error code and clear it if necessary.
4. Check for any obstructions in the paper path
- Check to see whether any obstructions are in the paper path. If so, remove them.
- If the paper is still not moving, check the paper path for damage. If there is damage, replace the paper feed tray.
- If the paper is still not moving, check to see whether the paper feed motor is working. If it is not, replace the paper feed motor.
5. Replace any damaged or worn parts
To replace any damaged or worn parts in order to fix pitney bowes error code, the user will need the following: -A pitney bowes machine -Screws, bolts, and other necessary hardware -New parts -A repair manual
- Verify that the machine is turned off and unplugged.
- Open the front cover of the machine.
- Remove any screws that securing the cover and front panel.
- Lift off the cover.
- Verify that all plugs, wires, and cords are unplugged from the machine.
- Locate and remove the damaged or worn part.
- Replace the part with the new one.
- Replace the screws, bolts, and other necessary hardware.
- Reinstall the cover and front panel.
- Plug in the machine and turn it on.
6. Reset the machine
- Remove the power cord from the back of the machine.
- Open the front cover.
- Locate and remove the reset switch.
- Hold down the reset switch for at least 10 seconds.
- Replace the reset switch and close the front cover.
- Plug the power cord back in and turn on the machine.
- If the machine does not start, check the power cord, reset switch, and front cover.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Contact Pitney Bowes for further assistance.