PS4 error SU-35931-1
What is ‘PS4 error SU-35931-1’?
PS4 error SU-35931-1 is an error that may occur when the update data of the system software is partially corrupted.
How can you fix ‘PS4 error SU-35931-1’?
Some of the common fixes include:
- Updating later or using a USB flash drive
- Entering username and password
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
Solution 1. Update Later or use USB flash drive
PS4 error SU-35931-1 may be the result of intermittent internet connection. If your current internet connection is having a problem, you may want to try it later or use your phone data to provide internet connection. You could also try to use USB flash drive to update your PS4 firmware. See instructions below or watch it here on YouTube.
- Please go to this site here.
- Then, click “DOWNLOAD NOW” to download your firmware.
- Format the USB flash drive to Fat or exFat.
- Copy the firmware to your USB flash drive. The folder should be named PS4, next folder should be named UPDATE and paste the firmware PS4UPDATE.PUP (all capital).
- Power cycle your PS4, turn off and unplug it for at least three minutes.
- Insert the USB flash drive into your PS4.
- Turn it on and then update your firmware.
- If it fails, try using another USB flash drive, also try to re-download the firmware.
Solution 2. Enter username and password to access the internet
PS4 error SU-35931-1 may also be caused by the security property of the internet access point or your internet service provider (ISP). Some access point and ISP require you to log in first before letting you access the internet.
To log in, open the PS4 internet browser to a webpage, which requires you to input the username and password or use PS4 User Guide.
If you do not know the username and password, call your ISP. If you do not own the network, ask for the IT administrator of that access point. This is common in school campuses and offices.