What is PS4 DNS error nw-31247-7?
PS4 DNS error nw-31247-7 is an error that usually occurs when the PS4 cannot connect to the internet via Wifi.
How can you fix PS4 DNS error nw-31247-7?
Some of the solutions to this error include setting the domain name system (DNS) to manual.
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
1. Set the Domain name system (DNS) to Manual
“PS4 DNS error NW-31247-7” may occur when your console could not determine the DNS it should use. Setting the DNS server in your PS4 to Manual may fix the error.
If you have configured your router DNS server, please set your configuration to your PS4. If you do not have any DNS server, you may use Google Public DNS.
DNS server can also be obtained from your internet service provider. Please call them to ask if they could provide a DNS for your PS4 configuration.
In addition, you may also want to set your internet protocol (IP) address to static to stabilize your connection to your modem router. If you do not know what IP address to use, go to “View connection” copy the current IP address.
- Go to Set Up Internet Connection.
- Select LAN for wired while WiFi for wireless.
- Select Custom to set IP to static.
- Input the details from the View Connection Status.
- For the DNS address use the details below.
Primary DNS: 220.127.116.11
Secondary DNS: 18.104.22.168
- For the MTU setting select automatic.
- Proxy server select Do not use.
- Then test it if “PS4 DNS error NW-31247-7” still appears.
If it fails, you may need to do a power cycle to apply the changes. Please turn off your PS4 and modem router at the same time, then unplug it from the power source for at least three minutes. Turning off your devices allow the memory to flush and get a fresh start. Try your device again.