0x80070422 is an error code that indicates that the Windows Store is unable to start because it is disabled. This can happen for a number of reasons, including because another program has disabled the Store or because the user has disabled it themselves. In either case, it is necessary to enable the Store before it can be used.
People like you are also looking for:
- error code 0x80070422 windows store
- 0x80070422 windows store
1. Restart your computer and try again
1.Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type "reboot." 2.Select "Reboot." 3.Select "Yes." 4.Your computer will restart and you will be prompted to choose whether to start Windows or continue to the next step. 5.If you want to start Windows, select "Start." 6.If you want to continue to the next step, select "Continue." 7.If you get an error code 0x80070422, press "Ctrl+Alt+DEL" to open the Windows Task Manager. 8.In the Windows Task Manager, select "Processes." 9.Select the application that is giving you the error code, such as "Windows Store." 10.Select "End Process." 11.If you get a message that the process cannot be terminated because it is in the middle of performing an operation, try to kill the process by selecting "Kill Process" and entering the process ID. 12.If you still can't fix the problem, try to reinstall the Windows Store app.
2. Check for updates and install any available updates
- On your computer, open the Microsoft Update website.
- In the "Updates" section, click "Check for updates."
- In the "What do you want to do?" section, click "Install updates."
- In the "Update selection" section, select the updates that you want to install.
- In the "Install updates" section, click "Install."
- After the updates are installed, click "OK."
- If there are any problems, click "Get help."
3. Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
- Open the Start menu and type "Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter"
- When the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter app opens, click on "Next."
- On the "Troubleshooting Options" screen, select "Fix problems with Windows Store apps."
- On the "Select a Problem" screen, select the "0x80070422" problem.
- On the "Resolve the Problem" screen, select the "Fix problems with Windows Store apps" option.
- Click on "Next."
- On the "Confirm Problems Resolved" screen, click on "Yes."
- When the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter finishes resolving the problem, click on "Close."
Still not working? maybe try one of these options:
- Reset the Windows Store.
- Re-register the Windows Store.