This error code indicates that the 3DS was unable to connect to the Internet. This can happen for a variety of reasons, including:
-The 3DS is not connected to a Wi-Fi network.
-The Wi-Fi network the 3DS is connected to does not have Internet access.
-The Wi-Fi network the 3DS is connected to is experiencing interference.
-The 3DS is not in range of the Wi-Fi router.
-The 3DS's Wi-Fi antenna is damaged.
You are here because you have a question about:
- error code 003 1101 3ds
- nintendo error code 003-1101
- error code 003-1101
- nintendo error code 003 1101
- 3ds error code 003 1101
- Restart your 3DS and try again
- If you're using an SD card, try formatting it and using a different one
- Try using a different WiFi connection
- If you're using a custom firmware, try downgrading to a lower version
- Try using a different game or application
- If you're using a Gateway 3DS, try using a different version of the firmware
1. Restart your 3DS and try again
-If your 3DS is not connected to the internet, you can try restarting it by holding down the power button and the home button at the same time until the console powers off. -Once it has power off, slide the stylus out of the top screen and hold it down while you plug in the power cord. -Once the console has booted up, hold down the power button and the home button at the same time to turn it off. -Plug in your 3DS to a power source and hold down the power button until the console turns on. -Once it has turned on, hold down the home button to go to the home screen. -Press down on the directional buttons to go to the settings screen. -Select "System Settings" from the main menu. -Select "Restart System." -Wait until the console has restarted.
2. If you're using an SD card, try formatting it and using a different one
- If you're using an SD card, try formatting it and using a different one in order to fix 3ds error code 003 1101.
- If you're still having problems, you may need to replace your 3DS console.
3. Try using a different WiFi connection
If you're experiencing 3DS error code 003 1101, you may be able to fix the issue by switching to a different WiFi connection. Follow these steps to try connecting to a different network:
- Navigate to the 3DS Settings menu and select System Settings.
- Under System Settings, select Network Settings.
- Under Network Settings, select the WiFi network you want to connect to.
- Enter the network password if required.
- Click the Connect button to start the connection. If you still experience issues with 3DS error code 003 1101, you may need to contact your service provider for assistance.
4. If you're using a custom firmware, try downgrading to a lower version
- Download the latest firmware for your 3DS from Nintendo's website.
- Extract the firmware file to a location on your computer.
- Launch the 3DS System Update Utility from the Nintendo 3DS HOME Menu.
- Select the firmware file you extracted in Step 2 and click OK.
- The 3DS System Update Utility will scan your 3DS for any available updates and, if any are found, will display a list of available updates.
- Select the update you want to install and click OK.
- The 3DS System Update Utility will begin to install the update.
- When the update is finished, the 3DS System Update Utility will display a message indicating that the update is installed.
- Close the 3DS System Update Utility.
5. Try using a different game or application
- Ensure that the 3ds is properly connected to the internet and that the system update is up to date.
- If the 3ds is not connected to the internet, try reconnecting to the network and then trying to use the 3ds again.
- If the 3ds is connected to the network but still experiencing the error code, try removing any games or applications that are currently installed on the 3ds and then re-installing them.
- If the 3ds is still experiencing the error code, try resetting the 3ds by holding down the power button for 10 seconds and then re-attaching the AC adapter.
- If the 3ds still experiences the error code, try contacting Nintendo customer service.
6. If you're using a Gateway 3DS, try using a different version of the firmware
- Go to System Settings on your 3DS and select “System Settings (3DS)”
- Select “Version” and then select “System Version”
- Select “Firmware Update” and then select “Update System Software”
- Select the firmware you want to use and then press the “Update” button.
- Your 3DS will restart and the new firmware will be installed.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Try connecting to the eShop or another online service
- If none of the above work, contact Nintendo customer support