The 3ds error code 003 2001 is a code that indicates that there is an error with the game cartridge. This error code can happen for a number of reasons, but the most common reason is that the game cartridge is not seated properly in the 3ds console. This can happen if the game cartridge is dusty or dirty, or if it is not inserted all the way into the console. If the game cartridge is not inserted properly, it will not be able to read the game data correctly and will cause the 3ds to display this error code.
1. Restart your 3DS
To restart your 3DS, hold down the power button and the home button at the same time until the console powers off. Once it's off, press and hold the power button until the console turns on. Then release the power button and the home button.
2. Update your 3DS firmware
- Power off your 3DS system and wait 10 seconds
- Remove the 3DS system's SD Card.
- Boot your 3DS system into Download Mode by pressing and holding Down + Home + Select buttons at the same time, then press OK.
- Select the 3DS firmware file you want to update and press the Download button.
- If the firmware update is successful, the system will reboot and will return to the Home Menu.
- If the firmware update is not successful, the system will display an error code and will not reboot.
3. Try another game or application
- If 3ds error code 003 2001 is caused by a problem with the game or application, try reinstalling it.
- If the game or application is downloaded from the Nintendo eShop, try deleting and reinstalling it.
- If the game or application is purchased from a retail store, try returning it and getting a refund.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- If the problem persists, contact Nintendo customer service