The 80072efe error code is a Windows update error. This error code indicates that the Windows Update service is not running or that the user does not have permission to run the service. This error code can also indicate that the Windows Update service is not responding or that the user's computer is not connected to the Internet.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- error code 80072efe
1. Check your date and time settings and try again
- Open the Date and Time settings in your computer.
- Check the date and time setting.
- If the date and time is correct, try to fix the problem by following the steps below.
- If the date and time is correct, try to reset the computer clock.
- If the date and time is correct, try to change the time zone.
- If the date and time is correct, try to change the computer's date.
2. Check your internet connection and try again
- Go to the "Internet Options" menu on your computer.
- Click on "Connections" on the left-hand side.
- On the "Connection" tab, click on the "Properties" button.
- Under the "General" tab, make sure that the "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" is set to "4".
- Make sure that the "Use the following DNS server addresses" is set to "Yes".
- If the "Use the following DNS server addresses" is not set to "Yes", type the IP addresses of the two DNS servers into the " Preferred DNS server " and " Alternate DNS server " fields, respectively.
- Click on the "OK" button.
- Click on the "Close" button.
- Try to connect to the internet again.
Still not working? maybe try one of these options:
- Restart your computer and try again.
- Make sure you are using the correct password and try again.
- Try signing in with your Microsoft account instead.
- Try signing in with a local account instead.
- Reset your Microsoft account password and try again.
- Reset your local account password and try again.
- Contact your internet service provider for help.
- Contact Microsoft for help.