An authentication error has occurred code 0x80004005 is a code that indicates that there was an error authenticating a user. This can happen for a variety of reasons, but typically it is because the user's credentials were incorrect or the user does not have the necessary permissions to access the requested resource. If you are seeing this error code, it is likely that you are either trying to log into a system with the wrong credentials or you do not have the correct permissions to access the resource you are trying to reach.
1. Check to see if your computer is connected to the internet
- Log on to your computer.
- Click the "Start" button and then click "Control Panel."
- Click "Network and Internet."
- Under the "Network Connections" heading, right-click the network connection that you use to connect to the internet and then click "Properties."
- On the "General" tab, click "Properties" again.
- Under the "Status" column, click "Status" and then click "Check Connections."
- If the "Status" column says that the connection is "Not connected," then the computer is not connected to the internet and you will need to try to fix the authentication error has occurred code 0x80004005.
2. Try signing in with a different account
- Sign in to your Xbox One using your Microsoft account.
- If you're prompted to sign in with a different account, do so.
- If you're still having trouble signing in, try resetting your Xbox One.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Try restarting your computer and signing back in.
- Check to see if there are any updates available for your operating system or software.
- Try signing in from a different location.
- Check to see if your account has been locked.
- Contact your system administrator or technical support.