Asus code 55 is an error code that usually occurs when the computer is unable to start up or boot into the operating system. This can happen due to a variety of reasons, such as a corrupt or missing operating system, a corrupt or missing boot file, or a hardware issue. In most cases, you will need to use a recovery or repair CD to fix this problem.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- asus error code 55
- asus code 55
1. Restart your computer and try again
- Choose to start up in safe mode
- Choose to start up in windows startup mode
- Choose to repair your computer
- Choose to start up in windows normal mode
2. Update your BIOS to the latest version
- Go to the asus website and locate the BIOS update for your motherboard.
- Use the latest version of the ASUS Flash Utility to update your BIOS.
- Save the new BIOS file to a location on your hard drive.
- Reboot your computer and enter the BIOS update utility. 5.Follow the on-screen instructions to update your BIOS.
3. Disable any unnecessary devices in your BIOS
- In the BIOS, go to the Boot tab and disable any devices you don't need.
- If you have a graphics card, disable it.
- Disable any unnecessary devices in the System Utilities tab.
- In the Advanced tab, disable Fast Boot and Secure Boot.
- In the Startup tab, disable any unnecessary services.
4. Check if there are any loose cables inside your computer
- Open the computer and check for any loose cables.
- If there are any cables that are loose, remove them and tighten the screws that hold them in place.
- Try to restart the computer and see if the issue has been fixed.
5. Run a virus scan on your computer
The steps to run a virus scan on your computer depend on the type of virus scanner you have installed. However, most virus scanners include instructions on how to run a virus scan. To run a virus scan on your computer:
- On your computer, open the virus scanner software.
- On the main screen, select the type of virus scan you want to run.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to run the scan.
- When the scan is finished, the results will be displayed on the screen.
- If any viruses are detected, follow the instructions on the screen to fix them.
6. Reinstall your operating system
- Boot your computer from the CD or DVD that you installed the operating system on.
- If you are installing Windows 7 or Windows 8, open the Start menu and select "Computer."
- In the "Computer" window, click on "Properties."
- Select the "Hardware" tab and click on "Reinstall Windows."
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the operating system.
- After the operating system is reinstalled, use the instructions in the appendix to restore your data.