The avg error code is a generic error code that indicates a problem with the average function in a particular program. This error code can occur for a number of reasons, including incorrect input data, incorrect calculation methods, or rounding errors. In some cases, it may also indicate a more serious problem, such as a division by zero error.
1. Restart your computer and try running AVG again
Restart your computer and try to run AVG again.
2. Uninstall and reinstall AVG
- Click on the "Uninstall" button located on the top toolbar
- Follow the on-screen prompts to uninstall AVG
- Once AVG is uninstalled, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\ and delete the avg folder
- Launch AVG again and click on the "Install" button
- Follow the on-screen prompts to reinstall AVG
- Once AVG is installed, launch it and click on the "Update" button to update AVG
- If you experience any issues after updating AVG, please contact AVG customer service for assistance.
3. Run the AVG Rescue CD to scan and repair your computer
1.Insert the AVG Rescue CD into your computer's CD/DVD drive. 2.Click the "Start" button and then click "Run." 3.Type "avg cdrw" into the "Run" window and then click OK. 4.Click the AVG Rescue CD icon to open the AVG Rescue CD's main window. 5.Select your language and click the "Start" button. 6.AVG Rescue CD will start to scan and repair your computer. 7.When the repair process is finished, AVG Rescue CD will ask you to reboot your computer. 8.Reboot your computer and then check if the avg error code has been fixed.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Manually delete AVG files from your computer and then reinstall the program.
- Contact AVG support for further assistance.