Bad gateway error is an HTTP status code that happens when a server acting as a proxy or gateway receives an invalid response from the upstream server it is trying to reach. This can happen for a number of reasons, including incorrect firewall or proxy settings, or an issue with the upstream server. This error can be frustrating for users because it can be difficult to determine where the problem is coming from. Sometimes, simply refreshing the page will fix the problem, but other times it may require contacting the website owner or administrator to resolve the issue.
People like you are also looking for:
- cbs all access error code 502
- bad gateway error
1. Check the URL you are trying to access
- In your web browser, type the URL you are trying to access into the address bar.
- If the URL is correct, the web browser should display the page you were trying to reach.
- If the URL is not correct, the web browser may display an error message, or it may not display any content at all.
- To fix the bad gateway error, you can try entering the correct URL into your web browser's address bar. Alternatively, you can try entering the URL of a different website.
2. Check your browser's settings
- Open your browser and go to the "Tools" menu.
- Click on "Internet Options".
- On the "Advanced" tab, click on the "Reset" button.
- In the "Reset Internet Explorer" dialog box, select the "Delete personal settings" check box.
- Click on "Reset".
- Click on "OK" to close the "Internet Options" window.
- Close all open browsers.
- Restart your computer.
3. Check your firewall settings
- open a web browser and type the following into the address bar: firewalltutorial.com
- On the home page, click on the link to the left that says "Check your firewall settings."
- On the next page, click on the link that says "Configure your firewall."
- On the next page, click on the link that says "Add a new rule."
- In the "Add a new rule" window, click on the link that says "Port mapping."
- In the "Port mapping" window, click on the link that says "Bad gateway error."
- In the "Bad gateway error" window, click on the link that says "Enable rule."
- In the "Enable rule" window, click on the check box next to "Bad gateway error."
- Click on the "Save" button.
- Click on the "Close" button.
4. Check your proxy settings
- In your web browser, type http://www.proxy-server.com/help/
- On the Proxy Server Help page, click the "Check your proxy settings" link.
- On the Proxy Settings page, enter the proxy server address, port number, and authentication type (plain text or encrypted).
- Click the "Check" button.
- If the proxy server is working properly, you should see a message stating that the proxy is working. If you receive a bad gateway error, you need to correct the proxy settings.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Check your internet connection
- Check your DNS settings
- Check your ISP's settings
- Check your computer's settings