The "battlefield 2042 breakthrough not working" error code typically happens when the game's files become corrupted. This can happen for a variety of reasons, such as an incomplete or interrupted download, a virus or malware infection, or a hardware or software issue. When the game's files are corrupted, it can cause the game to crash or freeze, or prevent it from starting up altogether. There are a few things you can try to fix this issue, such as verifying the game's files, running a virus scan, or reinstalling the game.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- battlefield 2042 error code 15 -7a
- battlefield 2042 breakthrough not working
1. Check for updates and install any that are available
Launch the game and go to the "Options" menu. Select the "Update" button. If the game has any available updates, it will start downloading and installing them. If there are any new updates, the game will prompt you to install them. Once the updates are done installing, you'll need to restart the game in order for the changes to take effect.
2. Restart your computer
- Open the Start menu and click on the “Shutdown” button.
- Click on the “Restart” button.
- Choose the “Shutdown” option again.
- Choose the “Restart” option one more time.
- After your computer has restarted, log in to Windows and check if the problem has been fixed.
3. Verify your game files
- Open up "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\ battlefield 2042\bf2_game\config" in a text editor.
- Find the "network.protocols" section and make sure that "WebSocket" is set to "yes".
- Find the "game.cache" section and make sure that "WebSocket" is set to "yes".
- Save the file and close the text editor.
- Launch the game and attempt to connect to the server. If the game crashes shortly after launch, it is likely that the files have not been correctly verified. repeat the steps above and make sure that all files have been properly verified.
4. Delete your battlefield 2042 breakthrough folder and reinstall the game
- Close the game if it is currently open.
- Delete the " battlefield2042.exe " file from your hard drive.
- Download the Battlefield 2042 "Breakthrough" DLC from the Origin store.
- Install the DLC by following the on-screen instructions.
- Launch the game and sign in.
- If you have the "Breakthrough" expansion pack, you'll need to restart the game after installation.
- If you do not have the "Breakthrough" expansion pack, the game will launch automatically.
5. Contact EA support
-Open Battlefield 2042 and sign in -Click on "Support" in the main menu -Select "Contact EA Support" from the dropdown -Enter your EA account information and click "Submit" -EA Support will verify your account and contact you to set up a support ticket -Follow the steps in the support ticket to troubleshoot the problem