Chase bank error code 386 occurs when a customer attempts to make a payment using an invalid account number. This can happen for a variety of reasons, such as if the customer inputs the wrong account number, or if the account number has been changed and the customer has not updated their information. This error code can also occur if the account number is no longer active.
1. Check your account number and routing number to make sure they are correct
- Open your Chase bank account online.
- Click on the "View Account Details" button at the top right of your screen.
- Scroll down to the Account Number field and enter the account number as it appears on your bank statement.
- Copy the routing number from the "Routing Number" field and paste it into the "Routing Number" field on the next page.
- Click on the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.
- If the routing number and account number are correct, you will see a message stating that "Your information is correct." If not, you will see a message stating that "Your information is not correct."
- Click on the "Fix Errors" button to try to fix the error.
2. Check with your bank to see if there are any issues with your account
- Go to chase.com and sign in.
- On the left-hand side of the homepage, under "My Accounts," click on "Account Status."
- On the "Account Status" page, under the "Account Details" heading, click on the "Contact Us" link.
- On the "Contact Us" page, click on the "Live Chat" button.
- Enter your bank's name and the date of the issue in the "Chat Topic" and "Chat Agent" fields, and click on the "Start Chat" button.
- A representative from your bank will be able to help you resolve the issue.
3. Try to make the payment again
- Open the chase bank website and log in.
- Go to the "My Account" tab and select "Payment History."
- On the "Payment History" page, select the payment you would like to fix and click on the "Fix Payment" button.
- On the "Fix Payment" page, you will be prompted to submit your confirmation number and bank information.
- Once you have submitted these details, your payment will be fixed and you will be able to view the updated payment history on the "My Account" tab.
4. If you are still having trouble, contact customer service for assistance
There are a few things you can do in order to troubleshoot chase bank error code 386:
- Check your bank account statement to see if there are any errors.
- Try logging into your account online.
- Contact customer service for assistance.