If you see the error code 1 on Chegg, it means that there was an issue with your payment and you will need to update your payment information. This error code can happen for a few reasons, such as if your credit card expires or if you enter your payment information incorrectly.
1. Try restarting your computer and Chegg app
- To restart your computer, press the power button and then press the "shut down" button.
- To restart your computer and check if the chegg error code 1 is fixed, press the power button and then press the "start" button.
- If the chegg error code 1 is not fixed, please contact chegg customer service.
2. Update your Chegg app to the latest version
- On your device, open the Chegg app.
- Tap on the three lines in the top left corner of the app.
- On the “Settings” screen, tap on “About Chegg”.
- Tap on the “Update” button.
- Tap on the “Yes, I’m up to date” button.
- Tap on the “Install” button.
- Tap on the “Yes, I’m installing” button.
- The update process will begin.
- After the update is complete, the “Update Complete” message will appear.
- The app will restart.
3. Uninstall and reinstall the Chegg app
- Open the Google Play Store on your phone.
- Search for "Chegg" and tap on the first result.
- Tap on the "Install" button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, open the Chegg app and sign in.
- If you are having trouble signing in, try resetting your password.
- If you are still having trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Clear the Chegg app cache and data.
- Contact Chegg customer support.