The CoaguChek XS Error 3 is a general error code that can be caused by a number of different factors. Some of the most common reasons for this error code include:
-The test strip being inserted into the meter incorrectly
-The test strip being damaged or expired
-The meter not being calibrated properly
-The meter being used in an environment that is too hot or too cold
-The meter being used with expired or damaged batteries
If you are getting this error code, it is important to first check to see if the test strip is inserted correctly. If it is, then you will need to check the expiration date on the strip and make sure that it is still valid. If the strip is expired, then you will need to get a new one.
If the test strip is not the issue, then you will need to check the calibration of the meter. If the meter is not calibrated properly, then it will not give you accurate results. Make sure to follow the instructions in the manual on how to properly calibrate the meter.
If the meter is still not working after these steps, then it is likely that the environment that you are using it in is too extreme. Make sure that the meter is not being used in an area that is too hot or too cold. If the meter is still not working, then you may need to replace the batteries.
People like you are also looking for:
- coaguchek xs error code 5
- coaguchek xs error 3
- Repeat the test with a new test strip
- Make sure the test strip is inserted correctly
- Use a new lancet
- Check the code number on the test strip vial to make sure it matches the code number on the meter
- Clean the meter with a soft, dry cloth
- Contact the Roche CoaguChek XS customer service line for assistance
1. Repeat the test with a new test strip
- Remove the old test strip from the cartridge.
- Insert the new test strip into the cartridge.
- Close the cartridge cover.
- Press the power button to start the test.
- Wait until the test is finished.
- Check the result. If the test result is abnormal, follow the instructions below to fix the coaguchek xs error 3.
- If the test result is normal, replace the cartridge.
2. Make sure the test strip is inserted correctly
First, line up the test strip on the reader. Next, ensure that the test strip is inserted all the way into the reader. If the test strip is not inserted correctly, the reader will not be able to read the test strip and will display an error message.
3. Use a new lancet
- Open the Lancet application on your computer.
- Click the "Lancet" tab.
- Click on the "New Lancet" button.
- Fill out the form with the relevant information.
- Click the "Create Lancet" button.
- The Lancet will be created and will open in your application.
- Click on the "Settings" tab.
- Under "Settings for this Lancet" click on the "Coaguchek" tab.
- Click on the "Settings" button next to "Coaguchek".
- Select your coaguchek xs from the drop-down list.
- Click on the "Save Settings" button.
- Close the Lancet application.
4. Check the code number on the test strip vial to make sure it matches the code number on the meter
- Look at the test strip vial and compare the code number to the code number on the meter.
- If they do not match, then the test strip vial may need to be replaced.
5. Clean the meter with a soft, dry cloth
- Remove the battery cover
- Clean the inside of the meter with a soft, dry cloth
- Wipe the outside of the meter with a soft, dry cloth
- Replace the battery cover
6. Contact the Roche CoaguChek XS customer service line for assistance
- Navigate to the Roche CoaguChek XS product page on the Roche website and find the "Contact Us" link.
- Click on the "Contact Us" link and enter your product's serial number in the "Subject" field.
- In the "Message" field, provide as much information about your issue as possible, such as the error message you received, the steps you took to resolve the problem, and the device model you are using.
- Click on the "Send" button to send your message.
- Roche will contact you within 24 hours to help resolve your issue.