The "python setup.py egg_info" command failed with error code 1 in /private/var/folders because the path to the Python egg cache is incorrect. The error is caused by a misconfiguration in the PYTHONPATH environment variable.
Still not working? maybe try:
- Make sure you have setuptools installed. If not, install it using pip:
- pip install setuptools
- Retry the command. It may succeed the second time around.
- If the error persists, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the package you're trying to install:
- pip uninstall package-name
- pip install package-name
- Make sure you're in the correct directory. The setup.py file must be in the same directory as your project's init.py file.
- If you're still having trouble, check to see if there's a newer version of the package you're trying to install. Upgrade using pip:
- pip install --upgrade package-name