The "python setup.py egg_info" error code is typically caused by a problem with the Python egg installation. This error can occur if the egg is not properly installed, or if there is a problem with the egg itself.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- command python setup.py egg_info failed with error code 1 ubuntu
- python setup.py egg_info
- Download the setuptools package from https://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools
- Install the setuptools package using pip: sudo pip install setuptools
- Install the setuptools package using easy_install: sudo easy_install setuptools
- Set the environment variable PYTHONPATH to the directory where setuptools is installed
1. Download the setuptools package from https://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools
- Navigate to the https://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools page
- Click on the "Download" link next to the "Setuptools" entry
- On the next page, click on the "Download ZIP" link to download the setuptools package
- Unzip the setuptools package to a location of your choice
- Open a command prompt or terminal window
- Navigate to the unpacked setuptools directory
- Type the following command to install setuptools pip install setuptools
- If the installation was successful, you will see a message indicating as such
- Finally, you can use the setuptools command to install variouspython dependencies by typing the following command pip install -U setuptools
2. Install the setuptools package using pip: sudo pip install setuptools
sudo pip install setuptools installs the setuptools package, which is used to fix the python setup.py egg_info error.
3. Install the setuptools package using easy_install: sudo easy_install setuptools
sudo easy_install setuptools install setuptools sudo easy_install pip install pip sudo easy_install wheel install wheel
4. Set the environment variable PYTHONPATH to the directory where setuptools is installed
The steps to set the environment variable PYTHONPATH are:
- Open the terminal window and type the following command: export PYTHONPATH="/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages"
- Press the Enter key to save the environment variable PYTHONPATH.
- To fix the python setup.py egg_info command, the user needs to type the following command in the terminal window: setuptools If the user gets an error message like the following, then the environment variable PYTHONPATH is not set correctly: ImportError: No module named 'setuptools'
Still not working? maybe try one of these options:
- Add the directory where setuptools is installed to your PATH.