There are a few reasons why the "connection to server failed with error code 16" error might happen when trying to use the Google Play Store. One reason could be that there is a problem with the Google Play Store app itself. Another reason could be that there is a problem with the device's network connection. Finally, this error could also be caused by a problem with the Google Play Store servers. To fix this error, it is recommended to first try restarting the device and then checking the Google Play Store app and the device's network connection. If those two things don't work, then the next step would be to clear the Google Play Store app's cache and data.
Other common searches for this error include:
- google play connection to the server failed with error code 16
- connection to server failed with error code 16 google play music
- google play connection to server failed with error code 16
- google music manager error code 16
- connection to the server failed with error code 16 google play
1. Restart your device and try again
-Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds until the device shuts off. -Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds until the device starts up. -Select “Restart” from the options menu. -Wait until the device restarts, then try connecting to the server again.
2. Check your internet connection and try again
- Type "chrome://settings/network"
- Under "Connection" click on "Test internet connection"
- If the error message says "The connection to the Google Play service has failed" then you will need to restart your computer.
- If the error message says "Your connection to the server has failed" then you will need to troubleshoot your internet connection.
3. Try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network
- On your Android device, open the Settings app.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Select the network you want to connect to.
- Enter the password for the network.
- Tap Connect.
- If the connection is successful, the network will be listed in the Wi-Fi section of the Settings app.
4. Check if your Google account is still signed in
First, try logging in to your Google account. If you're not signed in, sign in and try again. If you still can't connect, try these steps:
- Make sure that your phone and Google account are connected to the same network.
- Try restarting your phone and your Google account.
- Try signing out of your Google account, and then back in.
- Try resetting your network settings.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Clear the Google Play Store cache and data
- Uninstall and reinstall the Google Play Store app
- Reset your device to factory settings (this will erase all data on your device)