This error code indicates that there was a problem starting up the game. This can be caused by a number of things, including an outdated or corrupt game files, a problem with your graphics card or drivers, or a problem with your computer's hardware. If you are seeing this error code, we recommend checking for updates to your game and drivers, and if that doesn't fix the problem, contacting your computer's manufacturer for further troubleshooting.
1. Check your internet connection and try again
- Open the "Google Chrome" web browser and click on the "Tools" menu.
- Select "Settings" and then "Network".
- In the "Connection" section, look for the "Internet connection" section and check the "Status" column.
- If the "Status" column says "Connected", then your internet connection is working. If the "Status" column says "Not connected", then your internet connection is not working.
- Click on the "Reset" button to try to fix the dead by daylight error code 8018.
2. Restart your game
- Open the Dead by Daylight main menu.
- Click on "Settings" in the top menu.
- In the "Settings" menu, click on "Restart Game".
- Click on "Restart Game" in the "Restart Game" menu.
- Dead by Daylight will restart and the error code 8018 will be fixed.
3. Update your game
- Open up the Steam client
- Click on the Games menu
- Select Dead by Daylight
- On the right hand side, under the Library tab, click on the Updates button
- In the list of available updates, find and click on the fix 8018 update
- After the update is complete, click on the Play button to start playing the game
- If you experience any issues after updating, please post them in the Dead by Daylight support forum
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Reinstall your game
- Contact customer support