The destiny error code prune is a network error that can occur when attempting to connect to the Destiny servers. This error code indicates that the player's console is unable to connect to the Destiny servers. There are a number of potential reasons for this error code, including:
-The player's console is not connected to the internet.
-The player's NAT type is set to strict, which can prevent the console from connecting to the Destiny servers.
-The Destiny servers are currently down for maintenance.
If you encounter this error code, please check your internet connection and ensure that your NAT type is not set to strict. If the problem persists, it is likely that the Destiny servers are down for maintenance.
1. Check your internet connection
- Open the "Settings" app on your device.
- Under "Wireless and networks," tap on "Cellular networks."
- If you have an active internet connection, you'll see a green checkmark next to "Wi-Fi." If you don't have an active internet connection, you'll see a "Not connected" message.
- Tap on the "Wi-Fi" icon to see the Wi-Fi networks that are currently connected.
- If you see a "Destiny Error Code: Prune" message, there's probably a problem with your internet connection. Try re-connecting to your home Wi-Fi network and see if that fixes the problem. If not, try checking your internet connection using one of the other methods below.
- If you can't connect to your home Wi-Fi network, try checking your internet connection using one of the other methods below.
- If you still can't connect to your home Wi-Fi network, try connecting to a public Wi-Fi network.
- If you still can't connect to your home Wi-Fi network, try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network.
- If you still can't connect to your home Wi-Fi network, try connecting to a different internet service provider.
2. Restart your console
To restart your console, follow these steps: Press and hold the Xbox button on your controller until the power light starts to blink slowly. Release the button when the power light turns solid green. Press the Xbox button on your controller to turn on your console. Select the "Settings" option from the main menu. Select the "System" tab. Select the "Restart" option. Your console will restart and the error code prune should be fixed.
3. Clear your console's cache
- Go to "Start" and type "cmd"
- Whencmdpromptappears,type in "cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Destiny"
- Type in "prune"
- If the console message "The operation cannot be completed because the target file is in use" appears, please reboot your console.
- After your console has rebooted, please try clearing the cache again.
4. Reset your router
- Remove the screws that hold the cover in place.
- Open the cover.
- Locate the reset button.
- Push the reset button.
- Replace the cover.
- Power on the router.
5. Contact your ISP
The steps to contacting your ISP to fix destiny error code prune would depend on the specific ISP you are using. However, most ISPs would require that you contact customer service in order to resolve the issue. Once you have contacted customer service, they should be able to help you determine the cause of the problem and provide instructions on how to fix it.
Still not working? maybe try one of these options:
- Contact Bungie Support