The Direct3D driver returned error code is a DirectX error that can be caused by a variety of factors. The most common cause is a driver issue, but it can also be caused by hardware or software problems. This error code can be fixed by updating your video drivers, but it is also important to check for other potential causes.
People like you are also looking for:
- direct3d driver returned error code
- fatal error direct3d driver returned error code (dxgi_error_device_removed)
1. Update your graphics card drivers
- Open Device Manager by pressing the Windows key + R and typing "device manager".
- If the Device Manager window does not open automatically, click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search bar, and press Enter.
- In the Device Manager window, under the Display Adapters category, right-click the graphics card you want to update and click Properties.
- On the Driver tab, click Update Driver.
- In the Update Driver dialog box, clickBrowse my computer for driver software.
- Click Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer.
- In the Select a driver to install window, clickGraphics card.
- In the Graphics card selection list, select the graphics card you want to update and click Next.
- In the Driver Installation Options window, click Install.
- In the Driver Installation Results window, click Close.
- Restart your computer.
- If the graphics card driver you installed is the latest version, your computer should now be using the latest graphics card drivers.
2. Try running the game in compatibility mode for an older version of Windows
1.Open the "Performance Monitor" by pressing "Ctrl+Shift+ESC" at the same time. 2. Click the "Settings" tab and then click on the "Graphics" category. 3. In the "Graphics Properties" window, click on the "Driver" tab. 4. Click on the "Compatibility" button and then select the "Windows XP" or "Windows Vista" from the drop-down list. 5. Click on the "OK" button. 6. If the "Direct3D" driver is not working properly, the game might not run smoothly. Try running the game in "Compatibility Mode" to fix the issue.
3. Verify that your game files are not corrupted
- Verify that your game files are not corrupted.
- If the game files are not corrupted, try reinstalling your direct3d driver.
- If the direct3d driver is not the issue, try verifying your game settings.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Reinstall the game.
- Try running the game in Windowed mode.
- Disable any overclocking or performance enhancing features for your graphics card.
- Lower the graphics settings for the game.
- Try using a different graphics card.