Error code 04 on a dishwasher is usually caused by a problem with the water inlet valve. This error code means that the dishwasher is not getting enough water to operate properly. The water inlet valve is responsible for bringing water into the dishwasher, so if it is not working properly, the dishwasher will not be able to get enough water to wash the dishes. There are a few things that you can do to try to fix this problem. First, you can check to make sure that the water inlet valve is turned on. If it is turned off, turn it on and see if that fixes the problem. If the water inlet valve is already on, you may need to replace it.
You are here because you have a question about:
- dish network error code 04
- dish error code 04
- dish dvr error code 04
1. Restart your dishwasher and run a new cycle
- Close all door(s) of your dishwasher
- Disconnect power to dishwasher by pulling out power cord
- Turn off all water valves supplying dishwasher
- Open dishwasher door(s)
- Insert a broom handle into the opening at the top of dishwasher and lift dishwasher off the ground
- Position dishwasher so that the bottom of dishwasher is resting on the top of the wall of the house
- Replace dishwasher wheel
- Reconnect power to dishwasher
- Close dishwasher door(s)
2. Check the drain hose to ensure it is clear and not kinked
- Check the drain hose for kinks or obstructions.
- If there are any kinks or obstructions, unplug the dishwasher and clear the obstruction.
- Reconnect the dishwasher and check the drain hose for kinks or obstructions.
- If there are any kinks or obstructions, clear the obstruction and re-connect the dishwasher.
3. Check the water inlet valve to ensure it is fully open
- Inspect the water inlet valve for proper function and for debris or obstructions.
- If the water inlet valve is not functioning properly, the dish error code 04 may be displayed.
- To fix the dish error code 04, open the water inlet valve completely and reinstall it.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Clean the dishwasher filters.
- Clean the dishwasher spray arm.
- descale the dishwasher.
- Replace the dishwasher control board.