There are a few different things that can cause error code 24 in Android. The most common reason is that the app was not signed with the correct key. This can happen if you try to install an app on a device that has a different key than the one that was used to sign the app. Another possibility is that the app is not compatible with the device. This can happen if the app is not designed for the specific device or if the app is not updated to work with the latest version of Android. Finally, this error can also occur if there is a problem with the Google Play Store.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- play store error code 24
- error code 24 android
- error 24 android
1. Restart your device: This is the most basic troubleshooting step and often fixes many problems
- Tap the Home button to open the launcher.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the Quick Settings.
- Tap on the System panel.
- Tap on the Restart button.
- Tap on the confirm button to restart your device.
2. Check for updates: Make sure you're running the latest version of Android
Open the Google Play Store on your phone. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap "Updates." If there are any updates available, they'll be listed here. Tap on the update that you want to install. If the update requires your phone to restart, it'll tell you that too. After the update is installed, your phone will restart.
3. Clear app data: If the app is still misbehaving, try clearing its data
If the app is not misbehaving, try deleting its data on your device. If the app is still not working, try reinstalling it.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Uninstall and reinstall the app: If clearing the app data doesn't help, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
- Contact the developer: If you've tried all of the above and the app is still giving you trouble, you can try contacting the developer for help.