Error 404 is a standard HTTP error code that means the website you are trying to reach could not be found on the server. This is usually because the website has been moved or deleted, but it could also be because of a typo in the URL.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- what is error code 404
- error code 404 fix
- 404 code error
- error 404
1. Check the URL for typos and correct them
- In your web browser, type the URL for the page you want to correct.
- If you see a page that contains errors, one of the first things you should do is check the URL for typos.
- If you see typos, you should correct them as follows: a. Replace the incorrect letters with the correct letters. b. Replace the incorrect punctuation with the correct punctuation. c. Delete the incorrect letter or number.
- If you still see errors after correcting the URL, you may need to contact the web page owner to get the URL fixed.
2. If you are using a custom URL, check to make sure that it is configured correctly
- In your web browser, type the custom URL into the address bar.
- If the URL is not working, make sure that it is spelled correctly and that it is configured correctly in your web browser.
- In most cases, an error 404 message will appear if the URL is not configured correctly.
3. Clear your browser's cache and cookies, and try reloading the page
To clear your browser's cache and cookies:
- In your browser, click the arrow in the top-right corner of the window, next to the "History" menu.
- In the "History" menu, click on the "Clear History" button.
- In the "Clear History" dialog box, click on the "Cookies and Files" tab.
- In the "Cookies and Files" tab, click on the "Clear Cookies" button.
- Click on the "Clear Cache" button.
- Click on the "Reload this page" button in the "Status" column.
- If the error 404 still occurs, try reloading the page using a different browser.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Try accessing the page from a different browser or device
- Contact the website owner or administrator to troubleshoot the issue further