Error 408 is a spotify error code that happens when the spotify client is unable to connect to the spotify servers. This can happen for a number of reasons, such as a spotify server being down, or a spotify client being outdated.
Other common searches for this error include:
- error code 408 spotify
- error 408 spotify
1. Check your internet connection and try again
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- In the top right corner of the browser, click the three lines in a row that form the "chrome" logo.
- On the "Settings" page, click the "Advanced" link.
- In the "Connection" section, click the "Test" button.
- If the error message "408: Request not allowed" appears, try the following steps: a. Restart your computer. b. Clear your browser's cache and cookies. c. Reinstall your browser. d. Change your internet service provider.
2. If you're using a VPN, disable it and try again
- Click on the menu button and select "Settings."
- Under "General," select "Network."
- Under "VPN," uncheck the box.
- Click "Save."
- Launch Spotify again and try to play a song. If the error still persists, try to contact customer support.
3. Try clearing your cookies and cache
- On your computer, open your web browser and type "www.spotify.com".
- Click on the "Menu" button in the top-left corner of the web browser and select "Settings".
- Select "Cookie and cache" from the menu.
- Click on the "Clear cookies and cache" button.
- Click on the "OK" button.
- Try streaming music again.
4. Try using a different browser
To try using a different browser in order to fix error 408 spotify:
- Open up your web browser and navigate to the "Spotify" website.
- Click on the "Menu" button located on the top right corner of the screen.
- From the "Menu" menu, select "Tools".
- From the "Tools" menu, select "Options".
- On the "Options" page, click on the "Advanced" tab.
- On the "Advanced" tab, under the "Browser" section, click on the "Select a Browser" button.
- Select your preferred browser from the "Select a Browser" dropdown menu.
- Click on the "OK" button to save your changes.
5. If you're still having trouble, contact Spotify support
The steps to take if you're still having trouble with error 408 on Spotify are as follows:
- First, make sure that you're using the latest version of Spotify. If you're not, you can update your app by going to the App Store or Google Play Store, and clicking on the "Update" button next to Spotify.
- If you're still experiencing problems, you can try contacting Spotify support. To do this, open the Spotify app, go to the main menu (three lines in the top left corner of the app), and select "Help." From there, you can select "Contact us" and provide as much information as possible about your issue. We will do our best to help you resolve it.