Error code 006-0804 is a connectivity error that can occur when trying to connect to a Wi-Fi network. This error can be caused by a number of factors, including incorrect Wi-Fi settings, interference from other devices, or a weak Wi-Fi signal.
1. Check the internet connection and try again
- In the Control Panel, open "Network and Internet."
- Click "Check internet connection."
- If you are connected to the internet, the status bar should say "Connected."
- If you are not connected to the internet, the status bar should say "Not connected."
- Click "Restart now" to try to fix the error code.
2. Restart the computer and try again
- Shut down the computer
- Remove the battery and AC adapter from the computer
- Hold down the power button for about 10 seconds
- After 10 seconds, plug in the AC adapter and battery
- Turn on the computer
- If the computer starts, close all programs and try to fix the error code again
- If the computer does not start, contact your computer manufacturer
3. Update the software and try again
- Click on the "Software" tab in the Control Panel.
- Under the "Software Update" heading, click on "Check for Updates."
- If a new version of the software is available, it will be listed in the "Updates Available" column. Click on the "Install" button to install the update.
- If the update is not available, the "Update" button will be grayed out and the software will not be able to install updates. Click on the "Back" button to return to the "Software" tab.
- Under the "Software Update" heading, click on "Install Updates."
- The list of updates that are available for installation will be displayed. Click on the "Install" button to install the updates.
- After the updates have been installed, click on the "Restart Now" button to restart the computer.
- If the error code 006-0804 still occurs, repeat the steps above.
4. Uninstall and reinstall the software and try again
- Open the Control Panel
- Under Programs, click Uninstall a Program
- Under Microsoft Office, click on the Office button and then click on Uninstall
- Follow the prompts to uninstall the program
- Once the program is uninstalled, try to install it again
- If the error code still persists, you may need to reinstall the entire operating system
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Contact the software developer for further assistance.