The error code 00xb10999 is a Windows error code that indicates a problem with the registry. The registry is a database that stores information about the hardware and software on your computer. This error code can occur if the registry is corrupt or if there are errors in the registry. This error code can also occur if the computer is not able to access the registry.
1. Restart your computer
- Open the "Start" menu and select "Shutdown."
- Click the "Restart" button.
- After the computer restarts, press the "F8" key repeatedly to enter the Advanced Boot Options menu.
- On the Advanced Boot Options menu, select "Reboot."
- Select "Yes" to reboot your computer.
2. Update your drivers
- Go to the manufacturer's website and locate the driver you need.
- Download and install the driver.
- Reboot your computer.
- Check your computer for any errors.
- If there are any errors, try to fix them.
- If you are still experiencingerror code 00xb10999, contact your computer manufacturer for a driver update.
3. Update your BIOS
- Go to your computer's BIOS setup screen.
- Locate the "Update" or "Update BIOS" option.
- Press the "Enter" key to start the update process.
- The BIOS update will start and you will be prompted to choose which files to update.
- Select the files that you want to update and press the "Enter" key.
- The BIOS update process will start and will take a few minutes to complete.
- When the update is complete, press the "Exit" key to return to the BIOS setup screen.
- Press the "Enter" key to restart your computer.
4. Run a virus scan
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Under System and Security, click Virus Protection.
- In the Virus Protection window, click theScan Now button.
- On theScan Method screen, select the virus scan type you want to run.
- On theScan Settings screen, under Virus Scan Options, select the scan options you want to use.
- On theScan Results screen, review the results. If the scan results are not as you expect, continue to the next step.
- If the scan results are as you expect, click theFix Errors button.
- On theFix Errors screen, click theNext button.
- On theFix Errors screen, click theFinish button.
- In theResults screen, under Fix Errors, click theClose button.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Run a malware scan
- Run a system scan
- Check for hardware issues
- Clean your registry
- Perform a clean boot
- Try a different USB port