The error code 0x5001579 is a Windows error code that indicates a problem with the registry. The registry is a database that stores information about the Windows operating system and all the hardware and software on the computer. The registry is divided into several sections, and the 0x5001579 error code is associated with the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" section. This section of the registry contains information about the hardware and software on the computer, and the 0x5001579 error code indicates that there is a problem with this section of the registry.
The 0x5001579 error code can be caused by a variety of factors, including corrupt or missing files, invalid registry entries, or a virus or malware infection. This error code can also be caused by a hardware failure, such as a bad hard drive or a faulty motherboard. If the 0x5001579 error code is caused by a hardware failure, then the only way to fix the problem is to replace the failed component. If the 0x5001579 error code is caused by a software problem, then it may be possible to fix the problem by running a registry cleaner or by manually editing the registry.
People like you are also looking for:
- stop in psmain error code 0x5001579
- error code 0x5001579
1. Restart your computer and try again
- Close all programs and documents that are open.
- Click on the "Start" button and select "Control Panel."
- Double-click on "System."
- Click on the "Restart" button.
- Select "Yes" when the computer asks if you want to restart to restore your computer to its last working configuration.
- After the computer restarts, open the "Windows Start Menu" and select "All Programs."
- Select "Accessories" and then "Command Prompt."
- Type "regedit" and press the "Enter" key.
- Navigate to the following folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ComputerName\Restart
- Right-click on the "Restart" key and select "Change Value."
- Type "0" and press the "Enter" key.
- Click on the "OK" button to save the changes.
2. Update your graphics driver
- Open Device Manager by right-clicking on My Computer, clicking on Device Manager and then clicking on the Graphics Device Manager tab.
- Right-click on the graphics adapter icon and then click on Update Driver.
- Click on the Browse my computer for driver software link.
- Click on the Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer link.
- Click on the graphics adapter driver that you would like to update.
- Click on the Next button.
- Click on the Select the drivers to install from the list link.
- Click on the Browse button and then click on the Add file button.
- Double-click on the graphics_driver_installer.exe file that you downloaded.
- Click on the Next button.
- Click on the Finish button.
- Restart your computer.
3. Change your antivirus software
- Open the Start menu and search for "Antivirus Software"
- Click on the "Antivirus Software" link to open the Antivirus Software Settings window.
- Click on the "Scan Now" button to start the scan.
- If the scan results show that there is an infection on your computer, the Antivirus Software will display the error code 0x50015791.
- To fix the error code 0x50015791, click on the "Update Now" button to download and install the latest update for the antivirus software.
- After the update is installed, restart your computer to apply the changes.
4. Disable your firewall
- Open the Control Panel
- Click the System and Security link
- Click the Firewall link
- Click the Disable button
- Click the Enable button to finish.
5. Temporarily turn off your security software
- Open the security software and click on the "Settings" tab.
- Click on the "Temporarily turn off security software" button.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
- When the process is complete, click on the "Turn on security software" button.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Check for updates from Microsoft.
- Perform a clean boot.
- Reset your PC.