Error code: 0x80041004 is a general COM error code that indicates a failure to communicate with a COM component. This error can be caused by a number of factors, including incorrect COM configuration, an incorrect version of a COM component, or a component that is not registered properly.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- internet spades error code 0x80041004
- error code: 0x80041004
1. Check for updates to Windows and install any that are available
- Open "Run" by pressing the "Windows" key on your keyboard and typing "run".
- Type "msinfo32" and press Enter.
- In the "System Information" window, click on the "Advanced" tab.
- In the "Updates and Security" section, click on the "Check for updates" button.
- If any updates are available, they will be listed in the "Available Updates" section. Click on the "Install" button to install them.
- If the updates fail to install, the error code 0x80041004 may be displayed. In that case, try reinstalling Windows from scratch.
2. Restart your computer and try running the program again
- Restart your computer.
- Click “Start” and then “Shutdown”.
- Press “F8” when the “Windows Advanced Options Menu” appears.
- Click “Restart”.
- Select “Reboot” and then click “Yes”.
- Press “F11” to restart your computer in Safe Mode.
- Click “Start” and then “Programs”.
- Click “Accessories” and then “Command Prompt”.
- Type “regedit” and press “Enter”.
- Type “net start msinfo32” and press “Enter”.
- Type “msinfo32 /report” and press “Enter”.
- Type “exit” and press “Enter”.
3. Uninstall and reinstall the program
- Open the Control Panel.
- Under Programs, uninstall the program.
- Reinstall the program.
- Check if the error has been fixed.
4. Contact the program's support team for help
The first step is to open the task manager and find the process that is causing the error code. Once you have identified the process, you can try to stop it or kill it. If you are unable to stop or kill the process, you can contact the program's support team for help.