The error code 0x80070005 is a permissions error that can occur when trying to install or run certain Xbox games or apps. This error can also occur when trying to access certain features in the Xbox dashboard. This error is usually caused by a lack of permissions on your account or on the Xbox itself. To fix this error, you will need to either add your account to the Xbox administrators group or set the correct permissions on the Xbox.
1. Restart your Xbox One console
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select System.
- Select Restart Console.
- Enter your console’s power off code.
- Select Yes to confirm.
- Once your console has restarted, select System and then select Restore Default Settings.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to restore your console to its default settings.
2. Check for updates to your Xbox One operating system
- Go to Settings on your Xbox One.
- Select System and then select About Xbox.
- If there is a new update available, you'll see an update available message.
- If there's an update available, you'll need to select it and then press the OK button.
- Your Xbox One will restart to complete the update.
- If there are any errors during the update, you'll see a message that says there are problems and to try again later.
- If there are no errors, your Xbox One will restart and you'll be ready to use your game pass.
3. Delete the Xbox Game Pass app and reinstall it
- Open the Xbox Game Pass app.
- On the main screen, select "My Games & Apps."
- On the My Games & Apps screen, select "Game Pass."
- On the Game Pass screen, select "Manage."
- On the Manage screen, select "Delete Game Pass."
- On the Delete Game Pass screen, select "Yes."
- On the Yes screen, select "Delete Game Pass."
- If prompted to confirm the deletion, select "Yes."
- After the deletion is complete, select "Reinstall Game Pass."
- On the Reinstall Game Pass screen, select "Yes."
- After the reinstallation is complete, select "Close."
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Clear the Xbox Game Pass app cache.
- Reset your Xbox One console.
- Contact Xbox Support.