The 0x80080005-0x90016 error code typically occurs when a user is trying to install or run an application that requires the .NET Framework, but the required version of the .NET Framework is not installed on the user's computer. This error code can also occur if the user does not have sufficient permissions to install or run the application.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- error code 0x80080005 0x90016
- error code 0x80080005 - 0x90016
- error code 0x80080005-0x90016
1. Update your operating system
The steps to update your operating system in order to fix error code 0x80080005-0x90016077 vary depending on your computer. However, in general, you will need to:
- Check to see if your computer is up to date. To do this, open the Windows Update utility and look for a update that is recommended for your computer. If there is no update available, then your computer is already up to date.
- If your computer is not up to date, then you will need to update your computer. To do this, open the Windows Update utility and look for a update that is recommended for your computer.
- If the update is not available, then you will need to download the update from a website.
- After you have downloaded the update, you will need to install it. To do this, double-click on the update file to open it.
- After the update is installed, you will need to reboot your computer.
2. Check for updates for your anti-virus software and install them
- Open the anti-virus software.
- In the main window, click on the “Update” button.
- In the “Update” window, check for updates and install them if needed.
- Close the “Update” window.
- In the main window, click on the “Scan” button.
- In the “Scan” window, check for viruses and fix any that are found.
- Close the “Scan” window.
- In the main window, click on the “Quit” button.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Restart your computer and try again.
- Install all available Windows updates.
- Scan your computer for malware and remove any infected files.
- Disable your firewall and try again.
- Temporarily disable your anti-virus software and try again.
- Contact Microsoft support.