The error code (0x80246007) is a Windows Update error. This error code occurs when the Windows Update service is not able to connect to the Microsoft Update server. This can happen if the Microsoft Update server is down, or if there is a problem with your internet connection.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- error code: (0x80246007)
- error code 0x80246007
1. Restart your computer and try again
- Click on the Start button
- Type "cmd" in the Start Search box
- Right-click on the cmd.exe file and select Run as Administrator
- At the command prompt, type "restart" and hit Enter
- After your computer restarts, reboot it again and try to access the Windows Update website
- If the error persists, try to reinstall the Windows 10 operating system
2. Check for updates again
- Press Windows Key + X to open the Windows 10 Start menu.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on System and Security.
- Under the Update & Security heading, click on Check for updates.
- If an update is available, it will be displayed on the right-hand side of the window. If an update is not available, the error code 0x80246007 will be displayed.
- If you wish to install the available update, click on the Install button.
- If you do not wish to install the available update, click on the Do not install button.
3. Try a different internet connection
- Try using a different internet connection.
- If the error persists, contact your network administrator.
4. Run the Windows Update troubleshooter
The Windows Update troubleshooter can be accessed by opening the Start menu and typing "Windows Update" (without the quotation marks). When the Windows Update icon is displayed in the Start menu, click on it. On the Windows Update screen, click on the Troubleshoot link. On the Troubleshoot screen, click on the Advanced button. On the Advanced Troubleshooting screen, click on the Windows Update Troubleshooter link. On the Windows Update Troubleshooter screen, click on the Start Scan button. Windows will start scanning for updates and will display the results of the scan in the Results window. If there are any updates that need to be installed, Windows will prompt you to install them. If there are any updates that need to be updated, Windows will prompt you to update them. If there are no updates that need to be installed or updated, Windows will close the Windows Update Troubleshooter screen.
5. Contact Microsoft support
The first step would be to determine what error code is being displayed on the computer. To do this, users would need to open the Event Viewer application and view the error logs. Once users have located the error code, they would then need to contact Microsoft support in order to fix the issue. Microsoft support would need to be contacted via phone or online chat.