Error code 1002 is a DNS error that occurs when your computer is unable to connect to a DNS server. This can happen for a number of reasons, including your computer's DNS cache being corrupted, your ISP's DNS server being down, or a firewall blocking access to the DNS server.
1. Restart your computer
- Exit all open programs.
- Click on the "Start" button and select "Settings."
- In the "Settings" window, click on "Advanced."
- In the "Advanced" window, click on the "Restart" button.
- After your computer restarts, choose to "Enable Safe Mode" and continue with the instructions.
- If the error persists after following the steps, please contact a computer specialist.
2. Check for updates
- Launch Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click View Updates.
- In the right pane, under Available Updates, click View All Updates.
- If an update is available, the Update Details section will list the update. If the update is not available, the section will list the current update status.
- To install the update, click Install.
- After the update is installed, close Windows Update.
3. Run a virus scan
The steps to run a virus scan are as follows:
- Open your antivirus software.
- Click on the Virus Scan button.
- Select the type of scan you want to run.
- Select the specific files or folders you want to scan.
- Click on the Start Scan button.
- Wait for the scan to finish.
- If the scan results show any errors, fix them and click on the OK button.
- Close your antivirus software.
4. Check your internet connection
- Verify the connection is properly configured and active by attempting to connect to common internet resources.
- If the connection is active and properly configured, check the following:
- Make sure the computer is connected to the correct network.
- Make sure the computer is connected to the internet using an active and functioning broadband or wireless connection.
- Verify that the computer has the most recent updates installed.
- Verify that the computer's hardware is compatible with the internet connection.
- Verify that the computer's firewall is enabled and properly configured.
- Verify that the computer is using the correct browser.
- Verify that the computer is using the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Verify that the computer has the latest security updates installed.
- Check for any software or hardware conflicts.
- If the problem persists, contact the manufacturer or provider of the computer or internet connection.
5. Contact your ISP
The steps to take to contact your ISP in order to fix error code 1002 vary depending on your ISP. However, typically you will need to contact them via email or phone. In some cases, you may need to take further action, such as sending them logs or screenshots.