Error code 2 on a Keurig coffee maker indicates that there is a water reservoir problem. This error can be caused by a few different things, such as a water line being blocked or a water filter being clogged. If the water reservoir is not able to fill up, then the coffee maker will not be able to brew a cup of coffee. To fix this problem, first make sure that the water line is not blocked. If the water line is clear, then check the water filter to see if it needs to be replaced.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- keurig k-duo error code fr
- error code 2 keurig
1. Check that the water reservoir is properly attached and filled to the MAX fill line
There are a few steps to take in order to check the water reservoir is properly attached and filled to the MAX fill line. The first step is to unplug the coffee maker and remove the water reservoir. Next, you will need to measure the height of the water reservoir and compare it to the MAX fill line on the coffee maker. If the water reservoir is not at the MAX fill line, it will need to be replaced.
2. Clean the exit needle by inserting a small paperclip into the needle puncture to push out any deposits
- Remove the cup by pressing down on the upper part of the cup.
- Remove the needle by inserting a small paperclip into the needle puncture and pulling out.
- Rinse the needle and cup in water.
- Place the cup and needle on a clean, dry surface.
- Insert the needle again into the cup.
- Push the paperclip all the way into the needle puncture.
- Hold the cup and needle together and twist the paperclip until the deposit is cleared from the needle.
- Remove the paperclip.
- Clean the cup and needle with a dry cloth.
3. descale your brewer
- Remove all of the water and coffee from your brewer.
- Fill a large pot with water and place it on the stovetop.
- Turn on the hot water and wait until it comes to a full boil.
- Remove the pot from the heat and place it on the floor of the brewer. 5.Carefully pour the boiling water into the brewer until it reaches the top of the water reservoir. 6.Wait for the water to cool down before replacing the coffee and water reservoir. 7.Replace all of the water and coffee filters in the brewer. 8.Turn on the brewer and wait for the water to heat up. 9.Place the coffee filter into the coffee funnel and pour the coffee into the coffee chamber. 10.Close the coffee chamber and turn on the brewer.
4. Clean the top of the K-Cup® pack holder
- Unplug the K-Cup® pack holder
- Remove the top cover
- Remove the K-Cup® pack holder filters
- Wipe down the top of the K-Cup® pack holder with a damp cloth
- Replace the top cover and filters
5. Unplug the brewer for 30 seconds, then plug it back in
- Open the front cover of the brewer.
- Locate the power cord and disconnect it from the power source.
- Reconnect the power cord to the brewer and plug it in.
- Push and hold the power button for 30 seconds to reset the brewer.
- If the error code persists, please contact your retailer for assistance.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Run a brew cycle without a K-Cup® pack to clean the brewer.
- Contact Keurig customer service for additional assistance.