Error code 3.8, also known as the "memory management error," is a relatively common error that can occur when a computer is trying to process a large amount of data. The error is typically caused by a lack of available memory, which can cause the computer to slow down or even crash. In most cases, the error can be fixed by simply restarting the computer or increasing the amount of available memory.
Other common searches for this error include:
- att uverse error code 3.8
- error code 3.8 uverse
- error code 3.8
- u verse online error code 3.8
1. Check the power supply and make sure it is plugged in and turned on
- Check the power supply by plugging it in and turning it on.
- If the power supply is plugged in and turned on, the check light on the front of the power supply should turn on.
- If the power supply check light does not turn on, the power supply may not be plugged in or turned on properly. Check the power cord to make sure it is plugged in and properly connected to the power supply.
- If the power supply is plugged in and turned on, check to see if the error code 3.8 is displayed on the screen. If the error code 3.8 is displayed, the power supply is not functioning properly and needs to be replaced.
2. Check the printer's control panel and make sure it is properly set up for the printer you are using
- Check that the printer is properly plugged into an electrical outlet and the computer.
- Check that the printer's power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet and into the printer.
- Check that the printer is turned on.
- Check that the printer's control panel is properly set up for the printer you are using.
- If the printer's control panel is not properly set up for the printer you are using, follow the instructions provided by the printer's manufacturer to set up the control panel.
- If the printer is still not working, try connecting the printer to another computer to see if the problem is with the computer or the printer. If the printer still does not work, contact the manufacturer of the printer for assistance.
3. Make sure the paper trays are properly loaded and the paper guides are properly set
- Verify that the paper trays are properly loaded.
- Verify that the paper guides are properly set in order to fix error code 3.8
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Check for any loose cables and make sure they are properly connected.
- Run the printer's self-test to see if there are any error codes that can be cleared.
- If the printer is still not working properly, contact the printer's manufacturer for technical support.