Error code 57 in Valorant is a network error that occurs when the game is unable to connect to the server. This can happen for a number of reasons, such as the server being down for maintenance, or your internet connection being unstable. If you are getting this error code, it is recommended that you try restarting the game or your computer, and check your internet connection to see if that is the issue. If the problem persists, you may need to contact customer support for further assistance.
Other common searches for this error include:
- valorant error code 57
- error code van 57
- error code 57 valorant
1. Restart your computer
- Press the "Windows" logo key and "R" at the same time.
- Type "services.msc" in the "Run" box and press "Enter."
- In the "Services" window, scroll down to "Valiant" and double-click on it.
- In the "Valiant" window, scroll down to "Startup type" and select "Automatic."
- In the "Valiant" window, under "Service type," select "Restart."
- Click on "Restart" in the "Valiant" window.
- When the computer reboots, you should be prompted to choose between a "Normal restart" or a "Fail Safe restart." If you are prompted to choose between a "Normal restart" or a "Fail Safe restart," choose "Normal restart."
2. Update your drivers
- Open Device Manager by right-clicking on My Computer and selecting Manage.
- Click on the Update Driver button.
- Click on theBrowse my computer for driver software option.
- Locate the driver you wish to update and click on the Open button.
- Click on the Next button.
- Click on the Select Driver Software button.
- Locate the driver you wish to update and click on the Next button.
- Click on the Finish button.
- Close Device Manager.
3. Verify your game files
- Navigate to the “My Games” folder on your computer.
- Locate the game executable file. On Windows, this is typically located in the “Program Files” folder.
- Right-click on the file and select “Properties”.
- On the “General” tab, verify that the “File Version” is the same as the game version that you downloaded from our website. If not, click on the “Change” button and update the file.
- On the “Details” tab, verify that the “Checksum” value is the same as the value that we provided. If not, click on the “Change” button and update the file.
- If all of the files are correctly updated, then click on the “OK” button.
4. Delete your ShaderPreCache folder
- Open the "ShaderPreCache" folder located in your game's "Documents" folder.
- Delete all of the files inside of the "ShaderPreCache" folder.
- Close the "ShaderPreCache" folder.
- Re-launch your game.
- If the error code 57 still occurs, please contact support.
5. Change your graphics settings
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Under General, scroll down to Display and tap it.
- Under Display settings, you will see a range of options for your device's graphics.
- To fix the error code 57, you will need to adjust your screen resolution.
- To do this, first make sure that your device is connected to a power source and then tap the "Reset" button.
- Next, enter your device's current resolution in the "Resolution" field.
- Finally, tap the "OK" button to save your changes.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Lower your in-game graphics settings
- Run the game in Windowed mode
- Disable your antivirus software