The error code -6098 0 is a run-time error that occurs when an application is trying to access a file or data that is no longer available. This can happen for a number of reasons, including if the file was deleted or moved, or if the application is trying to access data that is no longer valid. This error can also occur if the application is not properly coded and is trying to access data that does not exist.
1. Restart your computer
- Restart your computer.
- If the problem persists, reinstall Windows.
- If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.
2. Check your internet connection and make sure it is working properly
In order to check your internet connection, you will need to open your browser and go to a website like speedtest.net. This website will automatically open a page that will measure how quickly your internet is moving. You should see a number that corresponds to your internet speed. If the number is low, then your internet connection may be broken. In order to fix the error code -6098 0x80070005, you will need to update your router or modem.
3. Try to update your QuickBooks software to the latest version
- Open your QuickBooks software.
- Click on the "Help" tab.
- Click on "QuickBooks Support" in the drop-down menu.
- In the "QuickBooks Support" dialog box, click on "QuickBooks Updates."
- Click on the "Update Now" button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
4. Try to repair your QuickBooks software
- Open QuickBooks and click on the "File" menu.
- Select "Options."
- Click on the "Advanced" tab.
- Click on the "QuickBooks Repair" button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to fix your QuickBooks software.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Try to uninstall and then reinstall your QuickBooks software.