The error code s1l457 is a software issue that can occur when upgrading the software on a computer. This error can also happen if there is a problem with the computer's registry.
1. Update your drivers
- Open Device Manager and expand the Network Adapters category.
- Right-click on the network adapter and select Properties.
- On the Driver tab, click Update Driver.
- Browse to the location of the new driver file and click OK.
- Restart the computer.
2. Run a virus scan
- Open the System Settings screen.
- Click on Security.
- Click on Virus Scan.
- Select the type of scan you want to run.
- Click on Start.
- Wait for the scan to finish.
- If the scan results show any errors, fix them and click on OK.
- Click on Finish.
3. Check for hardware issues
- Verify that all peripherals are properly connected and functional.
- Verify that the power is on and connected to the system.
- Verify that the system is properly seated in a supported desktop or laptop computer.
- Verify that the system has an installed operating system.
- Verify that the system has the latest BIOS or firmware update.
- Verify that the system has an installed driver for the relevant peripheral.
- Verify that the system has an installed antivirus program.
- Verify that the system has an installed backup program.
- Verify that the system is properly configured and registered with Microsoft Windows Update.
- Verify that the system has an installed security program.
4. Reinstall your operating system
- Boot your computer and press the “F2” key to enter the BIOS.
- Change the boot order to “CD/DVD-ROM” and press the “Enter” key.
- Insert the Windows 7/8/10 installation media and press the “Enter” key.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install your operating system.
- After your installation is complete, restart your computer.
- If the error code still persists, you may need to reinstall your operating system.