When the printer detects that the force required to close the cover is excessive, it will display an error code 4-1. This can be caused by a variety of factors, including a misaligned cover, a piece of debris preventing the cover from closing properly, or a faulty sensor. If the error code is displayed, it is recommended that you check the cover for any obstructions and make sure that it is properly aligned. If the problem persists, you may need to replace the cover or the sensor.
People like you are also looking for:
- excessive closing force detected error code 41
- liftmaster error code 41
- chamberlain error code 4-1
- liftmaster excessive closing force detected error code 4-3
- liftmaster error code 4-1
- excessive closing force detected error code 4-1
1. Adjust the door closer
- Open the door using the handle.
- Check if the door is properly closed by checking if the green light is off. If the door is not properly closed, there may be something obstructing the door from closing completely, in which case you will need to remove the obstruction.
- If the door is properly closed, press and hold the button on the side of the door closer for 2 seconds.
- Release the button and wait for the door closer to reset.
- Close the door closer.
- If the error code persists, you may need to replace the door closer.
2. Check the door for obstructions
To check for obstructions in the door, you will need to remove any obstructions and then re-install the door. Once the door is re-installed, you can test the door to see if the excessive closing force error code is resolved.
3. Check the door alignment
- Open the door by pressing the emergency release button.
- Look at the alignment of the side rails and the door panel. If there is an adjustment that needs to be made, make the adjustment.
- Reinstall the door.
- Close the door and press the emergency release button.
- Check the alignment again. If there is still an adjustment that needs to be made, make the adjustment.
- Reinstall the door and close it.
4. Check the door hardware
- Check the door hardware for proper installation by verifying all fasteners are tight and in line with the door panel. If the door hardware is not installed properly, the excessive closing force may be caused.
- Verify that the door is properly closed by applying a slight amount of pressure to the door handle. If the door closes excessively, the door hardware may be defective.
- If the door hardware is defective, replace the door hardware with a new part.
5. Check for loose screws or bolts
- Check for loose screws or bolts in the assembly.
- Tighten any loose screws or bolts.
- Re-run the assembly inspection.
6. Check the door weatherstripping
- Open the door and check the condition of the weatherstripping. If it appears to be deteriorated, replace it.
- If the weatherstripping is not deteriorated, check the alignment of the door's weatherstripping against the door frame. If the weatherstripping is not properly aligned, adjust it using a screwdriver.
- Check the door for any obstructions that may be preventing the door from closing properly. If there are any obstructions, remove them.
- Reinstall the door weatherstripping and check the alignment again.
Still not working? maybe try one of these options:
- Check the door for gaps
- Check the door sweep
- Check the door threshold
- Inspect the door jamb