There are a few reasons why the Google Play error 940 might occur when trying to download or update an app. One reason is that the Google Play Store could be down or experiencing some type of issue. Another reason is that there might be a problem with the Wi-Fi connection that is being used. Finally, it could be that the Google account being used is not associated with any devices. If the error 940 occurs, it is recommended to try again later or to use a different Wi-Fi connection.
People like you are also looking for:
- google play error code 940
- error code 940 google play
- google play error 940
1. Restart your device
- Open your device's Settings app.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Reset.
- Tap on Erase all data.
- Tap on Reset phone.
- Enter your device's passcode if required.
- Tap on Yes.
- Tap on Reset device.
- Tap on Finish.
2. Check your internet connection
- Open your internet browser and sign into your google account.
- Click on the three lines in the top left corner of the screen.
- Under "Settings," select "Network & Internet."
- Under "Network Status," select "Check Internet Connection."
- If your internet connection is not working, you will see an error message that says "Google Play cannot connect to the network." You will need to fix your internet connection before you can fix Google Play error 940.
3. Check for updates
- Launch the Google Play Store app on your device.
- Tap on the "Menu" button at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select "Settings."
- Under "General," tap on "Check for updates."
- If an update is available, it will be displayed in the "Available updates" section. Tap on the update to install it.
- If the update fails to install, then the error message "Google Play error 940" will be displayed. Tap on "Try again later" to continue.
4. Uninstall and reinstall the app
-Open the Google Play Store -Tap on the Menu button -Select Apps -Select the app you want to uninstall or reinstall -Tap on the Uninstall button -Select Reinstall -Enter your Google Play Store password if prompted -Select Yes to confirm the uninstall/reinstall -Your app will now be uninstalled or reinstalled
5. Clear cache and data
To clear cache and data on your Android device, follow these steps:
- Open the Android device's settings.
- Tap on "Apps."
- Tap on "Google Play."
- Tap on "Clear cache and data."
- Tap on "Clear data."
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Reset app preferences
- Contact app developer