There can be a number of reasons why the HEOS app is unable to play media. One reason could be that the app is not compatible with the device you are using. Another reason could be that the file you are trying to play is in a format that is not supported by the app. Another possibility is that the file you are trying to play is corrupt or damaged.
You are here because you have a question about:
- heos error code 2000
- heos unable to play media
1. Restart the Heos app
- Tap the Heos app icon on your home screen.
- Tap the gear icon in the top left corner.
- Tap the Restart App button.
- Tap Yes in the confirmation dialog.
- The Heos app will restart and should now be able to play media.
2. Restart your mobile device
- From the Home Screen, swipe up from the bottom of the display to open the Apps Screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Reset.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- Tap Reset Phone.
- Enter your password.
- Tap OK.
- Tap Finish.
3. Uninstall and reinstall the Heos app
- Launch the Heos app on your mobile device
- Tap on the three lines in the top left corner
- Select Settings
- Under "Apps" in the top right corner, tap on Heos
- Scroll down to the "Uninstall" section
- Tap on the "Heos" app to uninstall it
- Tap on the "Reinstall" button
- Select the Heos app to reinstall it
- Enter your Heos account details
- Tap on the "Install" button
- Wait for the app to install and launch
- Tap on the "Play" button to start using Heos again
4. Ensure that the media file is compatible with Heos
- Open the Heos app and go to the settings.
- Under the "Media & Audio" tab, make sure the media file is compatible with Heos.
- Under the "Media Files" tab, make sure the file is downloaded and installed on your Heos device.
- Under the "Media Files" tab, make sure the file is enabled.
- Under the "Media Files" tab, make sure the file is selected.
- Under the "Media Files" tab, make sure the file is played.
5. Check for updates to the Heos app
- Tap on the App Store icon on your phone and locate Heos.
- Tap on the “Updates” tab.
- Tap on the “Check for updates” button.
- If there are any updates available, they will be displayed. Tap on the “Update” button to download and install them.
- Once the updates have been installed, restart the Heos app.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Check your internet connection
- Check for updates to your mobile device's operating system