If your Honda Fit radio displays the error code "E," it means that the radio has been disconnected from its power source. This can happen if the car's battery is disconnected or if the fuse that supplies power to the radio is blown. The radio will need to be reset by entering the code that is specific to your radio.
You are here because you have a question about:
- honda civic radio code error
- code error honda accord
- honda civic code error
- honda fit radio code reset
1. Use a code reader/scanner to retrieve the code
Turn the ignition key to the "ON" position. Press and hold the "RESET" button for about 10 seconds. Release the "RESET" button. Press and hold the "Code Reader/Scanner" button for about 10 seconds. Release the "Code Reader/Scanner" button. The "Code Reader/Scanner" screen will display the code. Press the "READ" button. The code will be displayed on the screen.
2. Use the Honda Fit radio code reset tool
- Open the Honda Fit radio code reset tool by double clicking on it.
- Enter your Honda Fit model number in the input field.
- Enter your car's VIN in the input field.
- Click on the "Reset" button to reset the Honda Fit radio code.
- Wait for the radio code reset tool to finish resetting the Honda Fit radio code.
- After the Honda Fit radio code reset tool has finished resetting the radio code, close the tool.
3. Call Honda customer service
- When prompted, state the problem and provide as much detail as possible.
- If you are connected to a human, they will ask for your vehicle information including the make, model, and year of your Honda Fit.
- They will then ask for your VIN.
- After verifying your information, they will ask you to provide the radio code.
- If available, they will also ask for the battery voltage.
- If the code is not available, they will ask for the serial number.
- They will then ask for your contact information, including your address and phone number.
- If you are not connected to a human, they will offer to send you a notification via email or text when your Honda Fit has been fixed.
4. Find the code in the owner's manual
- Open the owner’s manual that came with your Honda Fit.
- Look for a section that discusses the radio.
- Once you find the section, look for the code that needs to be reset.
- Follow the instructions provided to reset the code.