The HP failure code 303 is an error code that indicates a problem with the HP Print Service Plugin. This error code can occur for a variety of reasons, but typically it is caused by a conflict between the HP Print Service Plugin and another app on your device. Sometimes this error can also be caused by a corrupt or outdated version of the HP Print Service Plugin. If you are seeing the HP failure code 303, you should try restarting your device and then reinstalling the HP Print Service Plugin.
You are here because you have a question about:
- hp smart test error code 303
- hp failure code 303
1. Boot the computer into Safe Mode and run a virus scan
- Shut down the computer.
- Remove the battery.
- Remove the hard drive.
- Turn on the computer and hold down the F8 key as the computer starts up.
- Select the Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click Next.
- Select Virus Scan.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
2. Run a registry cleaner and then restart the computer
To run a registry cleaner, first open the Start Menu and search for "regedit." Next, click on the Regedit icon that is found in the search results. Once Regedit is open, click on the "Scan" button. Regedit will then search for all the registry errors and problems on your computer. If there are any problems found, Regedit will offer you solutions to fix them. Next, you will need to decide whether or not you want to restart your computer in order to fix the problems that were found. If you decide to restart your computer, click on the "Restart" button. Your computer will then restart and the problems that were found in the registry will be fixed.
3. Restore the computer to a previous restore point
- Open the "Command Prompt" as Administrator.
- Type: "regedit" and press Enter.
- Navigate to the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" folder.
- Right-click on the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" folder and select "New" from the contextual menu.
- Type "RestorePoint" and press Enter.
- Double-click on the "RestorePoint" key.
- Type in the name of the restore point you want to use and click OK.
- Click on the "Restore" button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
4. Uninstall any recently installed programs
- Go to Start | All Programs | HP and click on HP Software Update.
- In the list of available updates, click on the update that you want to uninstall.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
5. Run the HP Hardware Diagnostics tool
The HP Hardware Diagnostics tool can be used to diagnose hardware failures and identify the cause. The tool must be started from an HP-provided installation media or a USB drive. The following steps must be followed:
1.Start the HP Hardware Diagnostics tool by double-clicking on the HPDIAG.exe icon. 2.Select the appropriate hardware from the list and click on the Start button. 3.The tool will start executing the tests and will display the results on the screen. If any errors are detected, they will be listed and the corresponding solutions will be provided.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Update the computer's BIOS.
- Replace the hard drive.