The hp printer blinking orange light error code indicates that the printer is not able to communicate with the computer. This can be due to a number of reasons, including a loose or damaged cable, a problem with the printer's drivers, or a conflict with another piece of hardware or software.
People like you are also looking for:
- hp envy 6055 e0 error code
- hp printer blinking orange light
1. Check the ink levels in the printer and replace any empty cartridges
- Open the printer cover and locate the ink cartridges.
- Remove the used cartridges and replace them with new cartridges.
- Close the printer cover.
- Press the OK button.
- If the orange light does not go off, check the ink levels in the printer and replace any empty cartridges.
2. Clean the printhead
- Shut down the hp printer
- Remove the top cover
- Remove the print head
- Clean the printhead using a damp cloth
- Reinstall the print head and top cover
- Reset the hp printer
3. Run a printer self-test
First, turn on the printer and wait for the printer to initialize. Next, open the printer control panel and locate the self-test icon. Click on the self-test icon and follow the on-screen instructions. If the self-test is successful, the printer should now be working correctly.
4. Restart the printer
- Turn off the printer by unplugging it from the power source.
- Remove the paper cassette and any other removable parts.
- Open the printer cover and remove the print head.
- Replace the print head and close the printer cover.
- Reconnect the power supply and turn on the printer.
- If the blinking orange light has stopped, the printer is likely fixed. If the light still blinks, the problem may be with the print head or the power supply.
5. Check for any paper jams in the printer
- If the printer is off, turn it on by pressing the power button.
- If the paper is not feeding in properly, the paper jam may be the problem. To check for a paper jam, remove any paper from the input tray and try to print again. If the problem persists, the paper jam may be located in the printer.
- If the paper jam is not located in the printer, try to clear the paper jam by following these steps: -Remove the front cover of the printer.
- Lift the print head off of the paper.
- Push the paper down so that it covers the print head.
- Push the print head back down so that it is flush with the paper.
- Lift the front cover of the printer and replace it.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Update the printer firmware.
- Contact HP customer support.