When you try to join a game in League of Legends, you may sometimes get an error message telling you that you cannot connect to the game. One of the error codes that can appear is error code 9s.
This error code indicates that your computer is not able to connect to the game server. There are a few reasons why this might happen:
-Your internet connection may be unstable or too slow.
-The game server may be down or too busy.
-There may be a problem with your computer's firewall or security settings.
To fix this error, you will need to make sure that your computer is connected to the internet properly and that the game server is online and available. You may also need to adjust your firewall or security settings to allow League of Legends to connect to the game server.
1. Restart your computer
- Restart your computer.
- Open the Start menu and click "Control Panel"
- Under the "System and Security" heading, click "Restart."
- On the "Restart Options" screen, click "Check for updates."
- If there are new updates available, click "Update and restart."
- After your computer restarts, enter your user name and password to continue.
- Click "OK."
- When the computer restarts, you will be prompted to choose an option.
- Click "Restart."
- When your computer restarts, it will prompt you to choose an option.
- Click "Shut down."
- After your computer is powered off, remove the League of Legends CD from your computer.
- If you have a USB drive, connect it to your computer and insert the League of Legends CD.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install League of Legends.
- After League of Legends is installed, restart your computer.
- Once your computer restarts, you will be prompted to choose an option.
- Click "Start League of Legends."
- You will be prompted to enter your user name and password.
- Click "OK."
- You will be in the game.
2. Update your graphics drivers
The steps to update your graphics drivers vary depending on your operating system. For Windows, the steps typically involve:
- Open the Windows Update window.
- Click the “Check for updates” button.
- If the “Check for updates” button is unavailable, click “View all updates”.
- Click the “Updates” button.
- Click the “Browse” button.
- Locate the “Intel Graphics” folder.
- Locate the “Intel Graphics Driver” folder.
- Locate the “Update” file.
- Double-click the “Update” file to install the updated graphics drivers.
3. Try running the game in compatibility mode
- Open the League of Legends launcher
- In the launcher, go to the "Settings" tab
- In the "Settings" tab, click the "Compatibility" button
- In the "Compatibility" tab, click the "Enable compatibility mode" button
- Click the "Start" button
- If the game starts in compatibility mode, you can close the launcher and continue playing in compatibility mode. If the game does not start in compatibility mode, try the following solution.
- In the "Compatibility" tab, click the "Disable compatibility mode" button
- Click the "Start" button
- If the game starts, try the following solution.
- If the game does not start, try the following solution.
- On your computer, open the .config file for League of Legends
- On the "League of Legends" folder, open the "config" folder
- On the "config" folder, open the "gameclient" folder
- On the "gameclient" folder, open the "leagueoflegends.exe" file
- In the "League of Legends" file, press the "F11" key to open the "Console" window
- In the "Console" window, type the following command and press the "Enter" key. net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
4. Verify your game files
- Verify your game files by going to "My Games" and selecting your game.
- Under the "PLAYER DATA" heading, make sure that the "Version" field matches the version of the game that you are playing.
- If the "Version" field does not match, then you may need to restore your game files from a backup. Follow the instructions provided by your game publisher.
- If the "Version" field matches, but you still experience league error code 9s, then you may need to update your game files. Follow the instructions provided by your game publisher.
5. Reinstall the game
- Launch the Origin client
- Click on Games
- Choose the game you would like to reinstall
- Under the "Game details" tab, click on the "Reinstall" button
- Follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall the game