This error code is caused by an issue with the Nvidia OpenGL driver. There are a few things that can cause this error code to occur, including outdated drivers, corrupt files, or a conflict with another program. To fix this error code, you can try updating your drivers, running a scan to fix corrupt files, or reinstalling the Nvidia OpenGL driver.
1. Update your graphics driver
- Go to the nvidia website and download the latest driver for your graphics card.
- Unzip the downloaded driver file.
- Double-click on the driver file to start the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- Reboot your computer after the installation is complete.
- Check if the nvidia opengl driver error code 3 has been fixed.
2. Try reinstalling the driver
First, uninstall the driver if it is installed. Next, go to the Nvidia website and download the driver for your specific operating system. Once the driver is downloaded, run the installer. If the driver installation fails, reinstall the driver from the original website. If the driver installation still fails, reinstall the driver from a backup copy.
3. Disable any overclocking
There are a few different ways to disable overclocking on a PC, depending on the hardware and software involved. Most overclocking software allows users to adjust three settings - the CPU clock speed, the graphics clock speed, and the memory clock speed. You can usually disable one or more of these settings to fix nvidia opengl driver error code 3.
- Open the overclocking software.
- Select the settings you wish to disable.
- Change the setting to 'Off'.
- Save the changes.
4. Try running the game in windowed mode
- Start the game by clicking on the game executable.
- If the game doesn't start, try running the game in windowed mode. To do this, click on the "Window" button on the game's main menu and select "Windowed Mode."
- If the game still doesn't start, try reinstalling the nvidia opengl driver. To do this, follow the steps in the "Fix nvidia opengl driver error code 3" section.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Turn off any graphics settings that may be causing the issue
- Verify that your system meets the minimum requirements for the game
- Try running the game on a different graphics card