The "OKCupid zip code error" is a well-known error code that occurs when trying to sign up for the OKCupid dating website. The error occurs because the website's zip code verification system is not compatible with the way that some users input their zip codes. This can happen if the user's zip code is entered incorrectly, or if the user is trying to sign up from a country that does not use zip codes.
There are a few ways to fix this error. The first is to make sure that the zip code you are entering is correct. If you are unsure of the correct zip code, you can try using the search function on the OKCupid website to find it. Another way to fix this error is to try signing up from a different country. If you are still having trouble, you can contact OKCupid customer service for help.
1. Enter a valid zip code
- Open your web browser and enter the web address of the okcupid site.
- On the main page of the site, click on the “settings” button in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Under “General,” click on the “ZIP Code” link.
- Enter the nine-digit zip code of the location you want to join the okcupid site.
- Click on the “save” button at the bottom of the page.
- A confirmation message will appear asking you to confirm your entry.
- Click on the “Confirm” button.
- The site will now attempt to connect to the okcupid database to verify your entry.
- If the entry is successful, the “okcupid is ready to join” message will appear.
- If the entry is not successful, the “error: invalid zip code” message will appear.
2. Select your current location from the list of options
- Open the "Settings" menu on your Android device.
- Select "Location & Security".
- Select "Privacy & Security" from the list.
- Under "Location Services", make sure "OkCupid Zip Code" is set to "Off".
- Under "Accessibility", make sure "OkCupid Zip Code" is set to "On".
- Tap "Done".
3. Try a different zip code
- Go to the "Settings" page on okcupid.com.
- Under "General," select the "Your Profile" tab.
- Under "Zip Code," enter the zip code that you're having trouble with.
- Click the "Test" button.
- If the zip code that you entered is valid, you'll see a message confirming that the zip code is correct. If the zip code is not valid, you'll see a message indicating that the zip code is not valid.
- If the zip code that you entered is valid, you'll need to make some changes to your profile settings in order to ensure that your profile is displaying correctly in the search results.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Use the search function to find a location by name or address
- Contact customer support for assistance